est. 1987

est. 1987

Our Family

Mike and I met in college. We spent the first 10 years in British Columbia, Canada where we had our first 2 children, Amber and Braden. We loved our time there with wonderful family and friends. But we felt the need to move to the States and have been here the past 11 years where Tanner and Jordan were born. We love the small town we live in, the wonderful people that are here, and being closer to Danae's family. We enjoy spending time together working and playing.

Monday, May 11, 2009

RAD Kids





Tanner had his RAD kids test and graduation. RAD stands for ...Resist Aggression Defensively. It is a program that teaches kids what to do if they are approached by a stranger. It is taught at our school by a policeman (he was dressed up in all the padding) and trained volunteers. They meet for months and have a test and graduation at the end. He had to pass 3 stations plus report what happened to his teacher. He was the first one to go through the circuit from his class, and was a little freaked out afterwards. He said it didn't bother him, but he stood by me for a long hug, while we watched the other kids. I thought the kids were very brave. It is scary to have a big-padded man come at you and grab you. Way to go Tanner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were a blogger! So glad I found you on Nancy's blog! :)